Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Untitled.

To look you in the face, to see my smile on your lips, to burn, to covet, to pine and die; I feel you in the wet alleys of myskin. There’s a boy downstairs; with polka dot freckles, he sings me to sleep and says I smell of your dreams. Blue-grey, scissor-paper dreams; stuck on nursery scrapbooks.

To taste you in the air, to worship you like the moon, to melt, to seethe, to dissolve and die; I feel you in the moist palms of my destiny. You linger like smoke in my memories; alive and ancient; dense and dark. Thus, you emerge, from wisdom’s tragic ruin; blessed and anew. All at once, you become the disease and the cure.

Do you remember? When nights came cascading down the hills, twisting and writhing, petulant like a child stopped from mischief for too long; I hid behind you. And a pebble, round, smooth, made of sifted silk-flour; slipped in your throat. I loved you then, like stars on my lap and roses dipped in ink.

The things you brought me; my childhood, a broken wand and a handful of dirt. On a toy-shelf, between your plastic cars and your plastic soldiers, I lived; I belonged to you. Happily, I scooped out my heart; set it out on the road to Neverland; and then suddenly you grew up. But I still follow you; in autumn colors; in bamboo breeze; in the droopy branches of dusk; as days cease to be.

Posted By

Swati.

It's all about the Copy, honey.

2 comments:

  1. there is more to you than meets the eye.
    it was just beautiful..
    "To taste you in the air, to worship you like the moon, to melt, to seethe, to dissolve and die; I feel you in the moist palms of my destiny. You linger like smoke in my memories; alive and ancient; dense and dark."
    just beautiful

    ReplyDelete